2/8/08

Rox Out with Your Posters Out...





































Went to a gallery opening on Wednesday for an exhibition of silk-screened rock posters. If you are in the College Park area I recommend stopping by and taking the tour. 

The show is "Sweet: The Graphic Beauty of the Contemporary Rock Poster". (the subtitle definitely does not rock) 

The posters above are designed by The Heads of State. Unfortunately, they were not on display and neither were their other work. Because of the snub I'll redirect you to check out their wares

My fave of the show was Aesthetic Apparatus

And because I want Amazon.com to fund my daughter's college fund I will plug their site for a book written by the show's curator John Foster; New Master's of Poster Design: Poster Design for the Next Century. (I know who came up with the joy titles now...)

2 comments:

Mandy M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy M said...

I meant to comment on this last week. Just the header alone had me cracking up, but when I saw the posters, it was over. Thanks for that!